What identification should I bring?

You will need to bring a photo ID, as well as Social Security Cards or ITINs for yourself, your spouse, and any dependents.

You must have either a Social Security Card, a Social Security Statement (form SSA-1099), or original ITIN paperwork for everyone listed on the return – it is not sufficient to know the number. This is true even if you go back to the same site where you previously had your return prepared. Identity theft has been rising in recent years, so VITA and TCE sites are required to verify photo identification, and to use numbers from original Social Security/ITIN documents, every year for every return preprared.

Click here for a full list of the paperwork you will need to bring with you.